The greatest gift a woman can give herself is to take the risk, the adventure and the experience of walking independently in life for a least a little while. She should take the opportunity to show herself of what she is capable of. This is a gift she will treasure in her life, and it will do her much good.
A Woman Enough knows that she has many paths and opportunities before her in life. She is an amazing and beautiful creature, full of love, full of life, and full of the ability to to great things in life. Her heart for others and for good are a shining beacon in this world. She is brilliant, she sparkles, and she dazzles.
There are often times when she will want to share those with someone else. She will be venturing on a new path and a new experience...finding "the one". The companion and confidant that can share the roads with her, be her traveling partner, and co-maker of dreams. That road can be scary and confusing. But, from one Woman Enough to another Woman Enough, this advice is offered:
The ONE Will:
- Be passionate about you, not possessive over you.
- Complete your feeling of love, but not you. He will compliment the completeness of who you already are.
- Court you, even after he has your heart.
- Love you for who you were, who you are, and who you will become - not for who you could be.
- Not step in to fix things for you without asking, but instead support your foundations, allowing you to make the repairs on your own.
- Know when your need to be heard is more important than his need to speak.
- Consider your feelings in the decisions he makes.
- Stand up and protect you, yet not shelter to so that you don't experience the world.
- Put you on a pedestal, yet hold the ladder steady for you when you need to climb down and be human and flawed - and he will love that about you.
- Respect your boundaries.
- Not prod your painful spots, but work to be the salve that helps them heal.
- Not try to change you.
- Know when he needs to be your Knight, when you need to be the one at the reigns calling the shots, and when you both need to be a team to reach the goal.
- Trust, cherish, desire and empower you.
- Be committed to you and want to work through the tough times when they do arise - which should not be often.
- Support you in your efforts and successes.
- Comfort you in your falls.
- Encourage you to reach for your dreams, and not be jealous or intimidated when you reach them.
- Be your safe place where you can let your hopes, fears, desires, ideas,wishes, dreams, and frustrations be heard without fear of being judged.
Relationships take work, but should never be a constant struggle or battle - especially early on. Don't ever, EVER sell yourself short on what you are worthy of in a relationship. You were beautifully and wonderfully made. The one will recognize the prize that you are.
One more thing....
He will always open the door for you.